Sunday, November 06, 2005

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that freightens us most." -Nelson Mandela

After many, many months of waiting and preparing, my bags are stuffed to the top (it's amazing all you can carry with an 80lb weight limit) and I finally leave tomorrow to begin my Peace Corps journey. I figure it will be a few days of logistics and "get-to-know-yous," followed by a horrible few days of travel (I've heard up to 40hrs), and then 8 weeks of intense skills and language training as well as some serious cultural immersion-- all very exciting!

These past two months spent in La Crosse with my family and good friends have been excellent, and though saying goodbye has been hard and will continue to be, I am excited for what the next two years have in store for me. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of me thus far, and who I know will continue to be supportive throughout this experience.

I still don't feel completely comfortable with this whole blog thing, and I have no idea how easily I will be able to update it, but I will do my best to keep you all up to date with my travels, so check back often. Please keep in touch, and be well. I love you all!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers go with you on your journey Caitlin. What an adventure. Happy Birthday!
Gary and Sue

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are really gonna miss you Kitty, write as often as you can :):)

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just said our goodbye........and I wanted to write to you so you had something to read as soon as you got internet access again. I am sooo proud of what you are doing! This is going to be one of the greatest experiences not only for you, but for all of us because we get to hear all about from you through your blog. Keep us updated! Love you very much! - Katie

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home