Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes We Did!

I have been awake for more than 30 hours now, but I couldn’t feel better. I will never forget last night or the early hours of this morning. The election coverage was translated into 5 languages on Namibian radio alone, and people throughout the country spent the night listening and waiting. We received the official results at about 6am in Namibia, and Namibians began rejoicing alongside those of you in America, as well as so many others around the world. My phone has been flooded with congratulatory calls and text messages from Namibians and other friends all over the world. And as I walked through the village today, everyone stopped me, huge smiles on their faces, so excited to talk to me about this historic day. Today I felt proud to be an American, something I haven't felt in a long time.

Well done, America. You've made the world proud. After spending the past four years in a political depression, today I am feeling so happy and hopeful :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home